The Swayambhu Ganapati Temple is believed to be 400 years old. According to legend, a farmer while walking through the Kerda jungles discovered the idol of Ganapati and later on he built a temple around the idol. The Ganapati idol in the temple is built of pure white. Ganpatipule (Ganpatipule) is a small town located in the Ratnagiri district on the Konkan coast of Maharashtra,in the sub-continent of India. The town of Chiplun is located to its north.
The Thibaw Palace was the home of the exiled king and queen of erstwhile Burma for nearly five years. Some of the selective stone tombs and belongings are still preserved in the palace. One of the major attractions of Ratnagiri city situated on a small hillock. There is also a best sunset point from here. One can have a panoramic view of Someshwar creek, Bhatye bridge to pawas and Arabian sea.
Ganapatipule is approximately 375 km. south of Mumbai, along the Konkan Coast. It is a very small town with about 100 houses, and has one of the most spectacular beaches along the Konkan Coast an idyllic getaway that attracts peace-seekers, beach lovers, and pilgrims alike. The temple of Swayambhu (self-originated) Ganesh is much frequented by thousands every year. The God is considered to be the Paschim Dwarpalak (Western Sentinel God of India), and those who visit Ganapatipule make it a point to pay their respects to this deity.
Prachin Konkan inagurated on the 15 December 2004 is the brain child of Mr. Vaibhav Vasudev Sardesai who succeeded in not only providing interesting information about Konkan to the tourist but also employment opportunities for the localites.
Birth place of kavi keshavsut. In memories of him kavi keshasut smarak is build in bhandarpule. Bhandarpule is adjacent to ganpatipule just 2 kms. Many tourist prefer to stay in malgund instead of ganpatipule due to calm and quiet nature and no commercialization.
Jaigarh Fort is situated on the promontory called the Cheel ka Teela (Hill of Eagles) of the Aravalli range; it overlooks the Amber Fort and the Maota Lake, near Amber in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. The fort was built by Jai Singh II in 1726 to protect the Amber Fort and its palace complex and was named after him.
The Bhayte Beach is situated at a distance of 1.5 KMs from the city of Ratnagiri. The beach is straight and flat. It is covered by the suru trees and came to be known as the Suru Ban. Bhatye is a small village very close to Ratnagiri city (approximate 1 km away). The village is well known for a mind blowing, flat sea shower. The length of the beach is approximately 1.5 kms and its very flat and straight.
The fort house is located at a distance of 11 kms from the city. Ratnagiri Lighthouse stands at the southern end of the Jaigad fort. The passage on the side of the Fort wall leads to the Lighthouse. Ratnagiri Lighthouse is situated in the Ratnagiri Fort, 11 km from Ratnagiri. Ratnagiri Fort, also known as Ratnadurg Fort, was built during the Bahamani rule. The fort had changed a lot of hands and was rebuilt on various occasions, but is now in ruins.
Ratnadurg Fort is encircled by the Arabian Sea from three sides. The dimensions of the horseshoe shaped fort are 1300 m length and 1000 m width. A lighthouse named as the Siddha lighthouse is situated at one of the bastions. A fort which is surrounded by the Arebian Sea from three sides. The fort is having a shape of Horse Shoe and a length approximately 1300 m and width 1000m. Its having strong fortifications from south-east to west side.
Tilak was born in a Chitpavan Brahmin family in Ratnagiri, headquarters of the eponymous district of present-day Maharashtra (then British India) on 23 July 1856.His ancestral village was Chikhali. His father, Gangadhar Tilak was a school teacher and a Sanskrit scholar who died when Tilak was sixteen.
The garden surrounding the temple is very attractive and adds beauty to the temple. Well maintained and clean temple of Lord Ganesha. Takes 30 minutes to see the temple and premises.
Marleshwar is a place in Sangameshwar subdivision of Ratnagiri district in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Marleshwar is known for the Cave Shiva Temple, where devotees handle venomous snakes every year thousands of devotees visit the temple and perform ablutions in the nearby Bav river. Dhareshwar is a waterfall on the Bav river which is another tourist attraction of Marleshwar.
Manoli Dam is located in Manoli Village Amba Tal. Dist. Klohapur, Shahuwadi, Maharashtra
This is the only Sun temple in Konkan area. Very calm and peaceful place.